Friday, 19 September 2014
There's only a couple of weeks time to arrive our beers to the U.S. of America and our numerous friends who already savored Volkan Superior Santorini Beers in their holidays in Greece, will have the chance to taste them at their favorite liquor stores, bars & restaurants or even at home.
All you have to do is contact our exclusive importers in USA at the following coordinates and you will get the relevant information for the nearest stockist to your location.
Diamond Importers Inc
528 W Wrightwood Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614 U.S.A.
Tel: (773) 549 6211
Fax: (773) 549 6214
Watch this video about Volkan Superiorbeer
The first beer born in Santorini
Wednesday, 17 September 2014
Germany was one of the very first countries to welcome Volkan Santorini Beer and as we speak it is available in the regions of Munich, Ulm, Stuttgart, Frankfurt & Hamburg while soon it will be available in Berlin & Dusseldorf.
Paying tribute to the country that traditionally celebrates the production of excellent local beers, we have selected 4 classic German foods to savor the unique Volkan Santorinian Beers.
Having tasted all of them below is our suggestion and we trust you will love each one of them,yet you will be the final judges of what would be the perfect pairing for your taste!
Pork Shank (Schweinshaxen) & VOLKAN SANTORINI BLONDE PILSNER
Sausage And Sauerkraut Fritte & VOLKAN SANTORINI BLACK WHEAT LAGER
Pork German Schnitzel & VOLKAN SANTORINI WHEAT WHITE
German Sausage, Sauerkraut, Potato Salad, hot Mustard & VOLKAN GREY
Wednesday, 3 September 2014
When the weather gets cooler, and the urge for casseroles, pies, crumbles and comfort food hits, this autumn recipe collection should be your first port of call.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED :
- 2 teaspoons of Greek Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 3 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Crusty bread, to serve
WHAT TO DO IN 3 STEPS :
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add bacon, onion and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until bacon is golden. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mushroom has softened. Stir in paprika, tomato paste and stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, cut each sausage diagonally into 4 thick slices. Add to pan. Season with pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until sausages are heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and chives. Serve with bread.
WHAT WINE TO CHOOSE FROM ?
Whatever red is of your preference would be fine with the sausage stroganoff, yet if you got tired from the same old Cabernets, Merlots & Syrah, you are adventurus enough and willing to explore some "old-new world" wines you may try an indigenous Xinomavro (P.D.O. Rapsani & Naoussa) - either as single varietal or blended with other local grapes of Greece and you will discover a whole new world of tastes & fragrances.
DOUGOS ESTATE - P.D.O. RAPSANI
(XINOMAVRO - KRASSATO - STAVROTO)
Monday, 1 September 2014
SANTORINI LOVES PARTIES
VOLKAN SANTORINI BEERS LOVES PARTIES
DRESS UP AND ENJOY AN AUTHENTIC SANTORINI NIGHT
WITH ICE COLD VOLKAN SANTORINI BEERS
AT THE BEST GREEK RESTAURANT IN PORTUGAL
- Rua Eng. Duarte Pacheco 116, Loulé, Loulé
- Reservations : +351 919 441 423
O Grego Restaurant is the Algarve's only greek restaurant, serving what are probably the best kebabs in the Algarve as well as delicious meze (greek tapas) and fantastic home-made cakes and desserts.
O Grego restaurant can be found in the centre of Loulé, the market town that serves Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago. The restaurant is housed in a building that is over 200 hundred years old with wonderfully thick walls and graceful ceiling arches.
Owner and chef Philippos left his native Greece and set up home in the Algarve over 15 years ago. Since then he has been serving greek dishes in his restaurants, using local produce a some specially imported greek goodies.
The menu does have all your favorite greek dishes. The kebabs are the house specialty and highly recommended. The Meze - the greek version of tapas - is perfect for groups.
Wednesday, 27 August 2014
The people of Ergon products - always according to their philosophy - have chosen the 3 Volkan Superior Santorini Beers as the key proposal to their customers and this is actually one more proof of the uniqueness, exceptional quality & style as the Greek beer ambassadors!
Ask for any of the 3 Volkan Santorini beers whenever you visit one of the Ergon Deli & Restaurants either in Greece, London or even in Brussels quite shortly.
FIND ERGON DELI & RESTAURANT LOCATIONS
- ERGON ATHENS
ADDRESS : 125 Charilaou Trikoupi Str. Néa Erithraía, Athens, Greece GR 146
CONTACT : P : +30 210 6200821 E: email@example.com
- ERGON THESSALONIKI
ADDRESS : 3-5 I. Kouskoura Str.Thessaloniki, Greece GR 54622
CONTACT : P : +302310284224 E: INFO@ERGONPRODUCTS.GR
- ERGON HALKIDIKI (SANI HOTEL & RESORT)
ADDRESS : Marina Sani, Kassandra Halkidiki, Greece GR 63077
CONTACT : P : +302374031100 F : +302374031100
- ERGON RODOS ISLAND ( RHODES)
ADDRESS : 18 I. Polytecneiou Str. Rodos, GreecE GR 85100
CONTACT : P : +30 2241 034426 E : firstname.lastname@example.org
- ERGON SKIATHOS ISLAND
ADDRESS : A Papadiamanti Str. Skiathos, Greece GR 37002
CONTACT : P : +30 2427 021441 E : SKIATHOS@ERGONPRODUCTS.GR
- ERGON LEFKADA ISLAND
ADDRESS : Nidri, Lefkada, Greece GR 31084
CONTACT : P : +30 2645 092020 E : email@example.com
- ERGON LONDON
ADDRESS : 16 Picton Place, W1U1BP London, UK
CONTACT : P : +44 (0) 20 7486 9210 E : firstname.lastname@example.org
- ERGON BRUSSELS (NEW )
ADDRESS : RUE DE PARNASSE 1, IXELLES 1050 BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
CONTACT : P: +32 2 502 92 77 E: BRUSSELS@ERGONPRODUCTS.GR
Tuesday, 26 August 2014
Since 2007 when the first Ergon Product launched,the company developed a significant network of Greek farmers, artisanal products & delis as well as an increasing network of restaurants in both domestic and European countries, starting from London UK.
Both Greeks & visitors to Athens, Thessaloniki, Skiathos, Rhodes, Lefkada & Chalkidiki (Sani Beach Hotel & Resort) have the chance to savour a wide variety of local delicacies as well as a selection of Greek Estate wines & craft beers.
Now it's time to "conquer" the heart of the E.U. and the new Ergon Deli & Restaurant will be soon opening its gates to the Greek food, wine & beer enthusiasts in down town Brussels.
We are proudly welcoming the New Ergon and we wish success and many more Ergon Delis & Restaurants around the world.
+32 2 502 92 77
Wednesday, 20 August 2014
It is quite common to the visitors of a country to exploring its local cuisine and tasting the local food and beverages.
In a country like Greece which is rich in both its unique products & recipes, this "trip" can be a real feast of flavors and enjoyment for all food & wine lovers...
Seizing upon my recent visit to the beautiful Mount Pelion, Magnesia, i have chosen a real classic Greek recipe - the one that my grandmother used to cook for me - accompanied by an brand new authentic Greek wine, EXIS by ESTATE MANOLESAKIS
- Soak the bread in water for 10 minutes and discard the crust.
- Squeeze the water from the bread and mix with the mince, egg, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and 3 tablespoons of the wine. (The best results for mixing are always achieved by using your hands.)
- When properly mixed make long thin shapes, like fat cigars, about the length of your finger (around 15 of them), roll them in the flour and fry in the vegetable oil on medium heat, making sure that they are crisp all over.
- In the meantime, put the olive oil in a saucepan and, when it is warm, add the tomatoes and the rest of the wine and cook slowly for 5 minutes, stirring and making sure it does not stick.
- Add the soutzoukakia as they come out of the frying pan, roll them in the tomato sauce, add a little more water if needed, cover and cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- With its rich sauce it can be served with plain white rice, or mashed potatoes as a main dish.can also be a very good starter for a dinner party.
- Serves 4 persons as a main course! Serves 7 persons as a starter, allowing 2 per person!