Thursday, 23 October 2014
Named after Stavros Manolesakis' youngest daughter, Anastasia is a beautifully balanced semidry rose wine made of selected Cabernet Sauvignon grapes of the Estate.
Stavros' original idea was to create a wine with specific "feminine" characteristics in order to approach newcomers to the world of wine and especially women who mostly appreciate fresh and aromatic wines with a touch of sweetness and it is no coincidence that Anastasia became one of the hits of the past 2 summers wherever it was available.
Next time you find yourselves either somewhere in Greece or at your nearest Greek restaurant, ask for a glass of chilled Anastasia and remember my words!
For more information on Estate Manolesakis distribution network, you may contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, 15 October 2014
Mavrodaphne of Patras, beyond an excellent red dessert wine, it is used by the chefs as an ingredient on various recipes as well as for the preparation of exquisite sauces.
We have picked one recipe & one sauce so you can easily make them at home and surprise your guests at your next gathering.
Pork fillet with pleurotus mushrooms and Mavrodaphne
A great combination of Mavrodaphne, cream, pleurotus mushrooms and pork meat. Accompany it with rice or if you feel really hungry with nice pasta like papardelle!
- 1 Pork fillet, sliced
- 1 / 2 kg Plevrotus mushrooms
- 1 / 2 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions,
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 250 ml Cream
- 1 / 2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 1 / 4 cup Mavrodaphne
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Sauté the onions and carrots in a big pan. Add the peppers and continue to sauté until vegetables are soft.
2. Add the meat and sprinkle with the cayenne and freshly ground pepper. Allow the meat to brown on both sides.
3. Finish with 3 / 4 cup Mavrodaphne and cook over low heat until the alcohol evaporates.
4. Remove the meat and vegetables and place the mushrooms in the pan at higher heat. The plevrotus mushrooms will release many fluids; leave them as long as it takes for the fluids to evaporate.
5. Add the rest of the Mavrodaphne and lower the heat.
6. After 3 minutes add the meat with the vegetables and continue for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Finally add the cream and continue cooking for another 3 minutes for the sauce to become firm.
Mavrodaphne Barbecue sauce
- 1 small glass of Mavrodaphne
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce or salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or grated pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic finely chopped or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, chopped or 3 tablespoons chopped onion
Pour the Mavrodaphne in a saucepan and add the sugar while stirring at low heat.
when the sugar melts, add the rest of the ingredients.
The result is a sweet delicious dark sauce like the one used in Chinese fried lamb chops (Chinese spareribs)
The sauce is suitable for all kinds of meat, goes perfectly though with pork & lamb.
MAVRODAPHNE OF PATRAS by GEORGE KARELAS
Tuesday, 30 September 2014
THE ISLAND OF SANTORINI
THE ASSYRTICO VINE
THE ASSYRTICO GRAPE
THE WINERY AT FIRA SANTORINI
CANAVA PETROS M. NOMIKOS
SANTORINI P.D.Ο. Santorini
TYPE: Dry white wine – Protected Designation of Origin Santorini
VARIETAL COMPOSITION: Assyrtiko 100%
VINEYARDS: Privately owned vineyards on the island, at an altitude of
150 meters, the soil is
volcanic - calcareous and the climate is Mediterranean.
VINIFICATION: Cold Maceration at controlled temperature. Classic white vinification at
17C. Maturation with “batonnage sur lies”.
ALCOHOLIC DEGREE: 13, 5 %
SUGAR LEVEL: 1, 9 gr/lt
TOTAL ACIDITY: 6, 18 gr/lt
TASTING NOTES: Bright yellow colour with green tones and complex aromas of lemon, citrus & exotic fruits. Rich & well balanced in mouth has a refreshing acidity and a long aromatic finish.
FOOD PAIRING: Shellfish & Seafood, grilled fish, green salads & Mediterranean delicacies.
Friday, 19 September 2014
There's only a couple of weeks time to arrive our beers to the U.S. of America and our numerous friends who already savored Volkan Superior Santorini Beers in their holidays in Greece, will have the chance to taste them at their favorite liquor stores, bars & restaurants or even at home.
All you have to do is contact our exclusive importers in USA at the following coordinates and you will get the relevant information for the nearest stockist to your location.
Diamond Importers Inc
528 W Wrightwood Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614 U.S.A.
Tel: (773) 549 6211
Fax: (773) 549 6214
Watch this video about Volkan Superiorbeer
The first beer born in Santorini
Wednesday, 17 September 2014
Germany was one of the very first countries to welcome Volkan Santorini Beer and as we speak it is available in the regions of Munich, Ulm, Stuttgart, Frankfurt & Hamburg while soon it will be available in Berlin & Dusseldorf.
Paying tribute to the country that traditionally celebrates the production of excellent local beers, we have selected 4 classic German foods to savor the unique Volkan Santorinian Beers.
Having tasted all of them below is our suggestion and we trust you will love each one of them,yet you will be the final judges of what would be the perfect pairing for your taste!
Pork Shank (Schweinshaxen) & VOLKAN SANTORINI BLONDE PILSNER
Sausage And Sauerkraut Fritte & VOLKAN SANTORINI BLACK WHEAT LAGER
Pork German Schnitzel & VOLKAN SANTORINI WHEAT WHITE
German Sausage, Sauerkraut, Potato Salad, hot Mustard & VOLKAN GREY
Wednesday, 3 September 2014
When the weather gets cooler, and the urge for casseroles, pies, crumbles and comfort food hits, this autumn recipe collection should be your first port of call.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED :
- 2 teaspoons of Greek Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 3 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Crusty bread, to serve
WHAT TO DO IN 3 STEPS :
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add bacon, onion and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until bacon is golden. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mushroom has softened. Stir in paprika, tomato paste and stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, cut each sausage diagonally into 4 thick slices. Add to pan. Season with pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until sausages are heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and chives. Serve with bread.
WHAT WINE TO CHOOSE FROM ?
Whatever red is of your preference would be fine with the sausage stroganoff, yet if you got tired from the same old Cabernets, Merlots & Syrah, you are adventurus enough and willing to explore some "old-new world" wines you may try an indigenous Xinomavro (P.D.O. Rapsani & Naoussa) - either as single varietal or blended with other local grapes of Greece and you will discover a whole new world of tastes & fragrances.
DOUGOS ESTATE - P.D.O. RAPSANI
(XINOMAVRO - KRASSATO - STAVROTO)
Monday, 1 September 2014
SANTORINI LOVES PARTIES
VOLKAN SANTORINI BEERS LOVES PARTIES
DRESS UP AND ENJOY AN AUTHENTIC SANTORINI NIGHT
WITH ICE COLD VOLKAN SANTORINI BEERS
AT THE BEST GREEK RESTAURANT IN PORTUGAL
- Rua Eng. Duarte Pacheco 116, Loulé, Loulé
- Reservations : +351 919 441 423
O Grego Restaurant is the Algarve's only greek restaurant, serving what are probably the best kebabs in the Algarve as well as delicious meze (greek tapas) and fantastic home-made cakes and desserts.
O Grego restaurant can be found in the centre of Loulé, the market town that serves Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago. The restaurant is housed in a building that is over 200 hundred years old with wonderfully thick walls and graceful ceiling arches.
Owner and chef Philippos left his native Greece and set up home in the Algarve over 15 years ago. Since then he has been serving greek dishes in his restaurants, using local produce a some specially imported greek goodies.
The menu does have all your favorite greek dishes. The kebabs are the house specialty and highly recommended. The Meze - the greek version of tapas - is perfect for groups.